Thursday, December 2, 2010

Student Volunteer Opportunity

My name is Shannon, and I am a technology guide with Rangeview Library District. I am contacting you in hope that one of your students might want to collaborate with our library for our district's Tech Fest on February 21, 2011, which will be held at our Wright Farms branch in Thornton.

Tech Fest is a day filled with workshops and programs for staff only, in which our goal is to inspire staff to become excited about technology. As part of this day, we hope to have someone film brief responses from individual staff members to a question, such as "What does technology mean to you?" (We have not come up with the question yet.)

I am inquiring whether you might have a student who is technologically savvy and likes to be behind the camera and would like to volunteer for this project. This student would walk around and record the staff member's response to the question. Of course, this student is welcome to enjoy lunch with our staff, and while this is a volunteer opportunity, we would have some kind of gift goodies for the student as a perk.

If this sounds like something you think might appeal to one of the students at Colorado Film School, then please let me know. If you would like to refer me to a faculty or staff member at Colorado Film School I would be happy to contact that individual.

Thanks so much in advance for your consideration ~

Shannon

SHANNON SMITH | Guide
ssmith@anythinklibraries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment