My name is Sharla Williams and I am the New Schools Coordinator (school counselor) for Youth Opportunity Academy. I am employed by Colorado Youth for a Change, the agency which does the recruiting of students for the program.
Youth Opportunity Academy is a high school diploma program for young adults ages 18-20 which is provided by Denver Public Schools and Aims Community College. The program gives students who have dropped out of school the opportunity to receive their diploma within a year or less.
The program began August 19, 2009 and I’m very proud to announce that seven graduates have already completed the program! These students will receive their high school diploma and a WorkKeys Certificate. The graduation ceremony for these students will take place on January 29, 2010 at 6pm at PREP Center, located at 2727 Columbine St.
Since this is YOA’s first graduation, we would love to record the ceremony. Therefore, I am looking for an individual or team who is able to volunteer to record the entire ceremony. The individuals will also need to supply their own equipment. However, we would supply the video. The ceremony will be an hour and a half long. We would really appreciate anyone who can give their time and energy to this significant event.
If you know anyone who would be interested in this opportunity, please contact me at 720.424.8491.
Thank you,
Sharla D. Williams
New Schools Coordinator
Colorado Youth for a Change
c.720.297.9254
o.720.424.8491
f.720.424.8478
No comments:
Post a Comment